Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
There’s good news for Buffalo’s Zemgus Girgensons after taking a Tyler Myers shot in the forehead. Coach Ron Rolston says he’s going to be fine, they just need the swelling to go down. (Sabres Twitter)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league that includes just Wednesday and Thursday’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 8pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
You can’t stop Phoenix’s Rob Klinkhammer, you can’t even hope you’ll contain him as he scored his third goal of the year against Ottawa. He’s two goals away from his career-high for a season. (Rotoworld)
Make it four losses in a row for the Edmonton Oilers. At least there’s no shame in losing a tough one to Pittsburgh… Right? (Edmonton Journal)
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45