Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
There’s good news for Buffalo’s Zemgus Girgensons after taking a Tyler Myers shot in the forehead. Coach Ron Rolston says he’s going to be fine, they just need the swelling to go down. (Sabres Twitter)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league that includes just Wednesday and Thursday’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 8pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
You can’t stop Phoenix’s Rob Klinkhammer, you can’t even hope you’ll contain him as he scored his third goal of the year against Ottawa. He’s two goals away from his career-high for a season. (Rotoworld)
Make it four losses in a row for the Edmonton Oilers. At least there’s no shame in losing a tough one to Pittsburgh… Right? (Edmonton Journal)
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35