Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
There’s good news for Buffalo’s Zemgus Girgensons after taking a Tyler Myers shot in the forehead. Coach Ron Rolston says he’s going to be fine, they just need the swelling to go down. (Sabres Twitter)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league that includes just Wednesday and Thursday’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 8pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
You can’t stop Phoenix’s Rob Klinkhammer, you can’t even hope you’ll contain him as he scored his third goal of the year against Ottawa. He’s two goals away from his career-high for a season. (Rotoworld)
Make it four losses in a row for the Edmonton Oilers. At least there’s no shame in losing a tough one to Pittsburgh… Right? (Edmonton Journal)
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33