Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
There’s good news for Buffalo’s Zemgus Girgensons after taking a Tyler Myers shot in the forehead. Coach Ron Rolston says he’s going to be fine, they just need the swelling to go down. (Sabres Twitter)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league that includes just Wednesday and Thursday’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 8pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
You can’t stop Phoenix’s Rob Klinkhammer, you can’t even hope you’ll contain him as he scored his third goal of the year against Ottawa. He’s two goals away from his career-high for a season. (Rotoworld)
Make it four losses in a row for the Edmonton Oilers. At least there’s no shame in losing a tough one to Pittsburgh… Right? (Edmonton Journal)
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7