Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
There’s good news for Buffalo’s Zemgus Girgensons after taking a Tyler Myers shot in the forehead. Coach Ron Rolston says he’s going to be fine, they just need the swelling to go down. (Sabres Twitter)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league that includes just Wednesday and Thursday’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 8pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
You can’t stop Phoenix’s Rob Klinkhammer, you can’t even hope you’ll contain him as he scored his third goal of the year against Ottawa. He’s two goals away from his career-high for a season. (Rotoworld)
Make it four losses in a row for the Edmonton Oilers. At least there’s no shame in losing a tough one to Pittsburgh… Right? (Edmonton Journal)
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4