Oct 16, 2013, 2:41 PM EST
Burns was dinged with a boarding minor at 16:07 of the first period for this hit, which knocked Morrow out of the game, though the veteran forward did return to play 5:21 in the second period and 2:59 in the third.
According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, the league did look into the Burns-Morrow incident.
“It was viewed that Morrow threw a reverse hit into burns,” Shannon explained, “and Burns won the physical battle.”
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Morrow was given Wednesday off practice (“dinged up”) and it’s unknown if he’ll be in the lineup on Thursday when the Blues take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)