Oct 16, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Burns was dinged with a boarding minor at 16:07 of the first period for this hit, which knocked Morrow out of the game, though the veteran forward did return to play 5:21 in the second period and 2:59 in the third.
According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, the league did look into the Burns-Morrow incident.
“It was viewed that Morrow threw a reverse hit into burns,” Shannon explained, “and Burns won the physical battle.”
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Morrow was given Wednesday off practice (“dinged up”) and it’s unknown if he’ll be in the lineup on Thursday when the Blues take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 21
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 35
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 26
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 63
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 34
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)