Oct 16, 2013, 2:41 PM EST
Burns was dinged with a boarding minor at 16:07 of the first period for this hit, which knocked Morrow out of the game, though the veteran forward did return to play 5:21 in the second period and 2:59 in the third.
According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, the league did look into the Burns-Morrow incident.
“It was viewed that Morrow threw a reverse hit into burns,” Shannon explained, “and Burns won the physical battle.”
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Morrow was given Wednesday off practice (“dinged up”) and it’s unknown if he’ll be in the lineup on Thursday when the Blues take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 18
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)