Oct 16, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Burns was dinged with a boarding minor at 16:07 of the first period for this hit, which knocked Morrow out of the game, though the veteran forward did return to play 5:21 in the second period and 2:59 in the third.
According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, the league did look into the Burns-Morrow incident.
“It was viewed that Morrow threw a reverse hit into burns,” Shannon explained, “and Burns won the physical battle.”
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Morrow was given Wednesday off practice (“dinged up”) and it’s unknown if he’ll be in the lineup on Thursday when the Blues take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)