Oct 16, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Burns was dinged with a boarding minor at 16:07 of the first period for this hit, which knocked Morrow out of the game, though the veteran forward did return to play 5:21 in the second period and 2:59 in the third.
According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, the league did look into the Burns-Morrow incident.
“It was viewed that Morrow threw a reverse hit into burns,” Shannon explained, “and Burns won the physical battle.”
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Morrow was given Wednesday off practice (“dinged up”) and it’s unknown if he’ll be in the lineup on Thursday when the Blues take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39