Oct 16, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Van Riemsdyk, tied for the Leafs’ team lead in goals alongside teammate Joffrey Lupul with five, didn’t play in Toronto’s 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday due to what the club has called an upper-body injury.
“Again, there’s improvement but we’ll see if he’s available to us for tomorrow night,” Leafs’ head coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Star.
“Hopefully with another 24 hours and a couple treatments he’ll be back.”
Even without van Riemsdyk in the lineup, the Leafs continued their winning ways to begin the season, collecting their sixth victory in seven games.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)