Oct 16, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Van Riemsdyk, tied for the Leafs’ team lead in goals alongside teammate Joffrey Lupul with five, didn’t play in Toronto’s 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday due to what the club has called an upper-body injury.
“Again, there’s improvement but we’ll see if he’s available to us for tomorrow night,” Leafs’ head coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Star.
“Hopefully with another 24 hours and a couple treatments he’ll be back.”
Even without van Riemsdyk in the lineup, the Leafs continued their winning ways to begin the season, collecting their sixth victory in seven games.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)