Oct 16, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Van Riemsdyk, tied for the Leafs’ team lead in goals alongside teammate Joffrey Lupul with five, didn’t play in Toronto’s 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday due to what the club has called an upper-body injury.
“Again, there’s improvement but we’ll see if he’s available to us for tomorrow night,” Leafs’ head coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Star.
“Hopefully with another 24 hours and a couple treatments he’ll be back.”
Even without van Riemsdyk in the lineup, the Leafs continued their winning ways to begin the season, collecting their sixth victory in seven games.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)