Oct 16, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Van Riemsdyk, tied for the Leafs’ team lead in goals alongside teammate Joffrey Lupul with five, didn’t play in Toronto’s 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday due to what the club has called an upper-body injury.
“Again, there’s improvement but we’ll see if he’s available to us for tomorrow night,” Leafs’ head coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Star.
“Hopefully with another 24 hours and a couple treatments he’ll be back.”
Even without van Riemsdyk in the lineup, the Leafs continued their winning ways to begin the season, collecting their sixth victory in seven games.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)