Oct 16, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Van Riemsdyk, tied for the Leafs’ team lead in goals alongside teammate Joffrey Lupul with five, didn’t play in Toronto’s 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday due to what the club has called an upper-body injury.
“Again, there’s improvement but we’ll see if he’s available to us for tomorrow night,” Leafs’ head coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Star.
“Hopefully with another 24 hours and a couple treatments he’ll be back.”
Even without van Riemsdyk in the lineup, the Leafs continued their winning ways to begin the season, collecting their sixth victory in seven games.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)