Oct 16, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
A day after suggesting that Sabres general manager Darcy Regier was close to losing his job (video), Sportsnet reporter Nick Kypreos clarified that nothing was “imminent” regards to a possible regime change in Buffalo.
“I never said anything’s imminent,” Kypreos said on the radio today, per Kukla’s Korner. “I never said that this is happening. That’s an insider that basically talks about things that we’re hearing and what’s out there. I think that people are under the impression that I was reporting that this was gonna happen, and that was not the case.”
Still, Kypreos went so far yesterday as to name a pair of potential replacements — Jason Botterill and Tom Fitzgerald, the assistant GM and assistant to the GM, respectively, in Pittsburgh.
The Sabres earned their first victory of the season Tuesday evening, beating the New York Islanders, 4-3, in a shootout.
They also told the Buffalo News there was “no truth to the report” from Kypreos.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)