Oct 16, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
A day after suggesting that Sabres general manager Darcy Regier was close to losing his job (video), Sportsnet reporter Nick Kypreos clarified that nothing was “imminent” regards to a possible regime change in Buffalo.
“I never said anything’s imminent,” Kypreos said on the radio today, per Kukla’s Korner. “I never said that this is happening. That’s an insider that basically talks about things that we’re hearing and what’s out there. I think that people are under the impression that I was reporting that this was gonna happen, and that was not the case.”
Still, Kypreos went so far yesterday as to name a pair of potential replacements — Jason Botterill and Tom Fitzgerald, the assistant GM and assistant to the GM, respectively, in Pittsburgh.
The Sabres earned their first victory of the season Tuesday evening, beating the New York Islanders, 4-3, in a shootout.
They also told the Buffalo News there was “no truth to the report” from Kypreos.
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)