Oct 16, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
A day after suggesting that Sabres general manager Darcy Regier was close to losing his job (video), Sportsnet reporter Nick Kypreos clarified that nothing was “imminent” regards to a possible regime change in Buffalo.
“I never said anything’s imminent,” Kypreos said on the radio today, per Kukla’s Korner. “I never said that this is happening. That’s an insider that basically talks about things that we’re hearing and what’s out there. I think that people are under the impression that I was reporting that this was gonna happen, and that was not the case.”
Still, Kypreos went so far yesterday as to name a pair of potential replacements — Jason Botterill and Tom Fitzgerald, the assistant GM and assistant to the GM, respectively, in Pittsburgh.
The Sabres earned their first victory of the season Tuesday evening, beating the New York Islanders, 4-3, in a shootout.
They also told the Buffalo News there was “no truth to the report” from Kypreos.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)