Oct 16, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
A day after suggesting that Sabres general manager Darcy Regier was close to losing his job (video), Sportsnet reporter Nick Kypreos clarified that nothing was “imminent” regards to a possible regime change in Buffalo.
“I never said anything’s imminent,” Kypreos said on the radio today, per Kukla’s Korner. “I never said that this is happening. That’s an insider that basically talks about things that we’re hearing and what’s out there. I think that people are under the impression that I was reporting that this was gonna happen, and that was not the case.”
Still, Kypreos went so far yesterday as to name a pair of potential replacements — Jason Botterill and Tom Fitzgerald, the assistant GM and assistant to the GM, respectively, in Pittsburgh.
The Sabres earned their first victory of the season Tuesday evening, beating the New York Islanders, 4-3, in a shootout.
They also told the Buffalo News there was “no truth to the report” from Kypreos.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)