Oct 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s banged-up blueline suffered another hit on Wednesday as the club announced Davis Drewiske would be out 5-6 months following shoulder surgery.
Drewiske, 28, initially suffered the injury during training camp and was originally diagnosed to miss four weeks. But with the ailment not improving, the decision was made for surgery in the hopes of salvaging his season.
As mentioned above, it’s the latest blow to the Montreal blueline.
As for Drewiske, it remains to be seen how he’ll fit in once healthy. He was a useful pickup for Montreal at last year’s deadline, scoring three points in nine games, but failed to crack the lineup in the playoffs.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)