Oct 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s banged-up blueline suffered another hit on Wednesday as the club announced Davis Drewiske would be out 5-6 months following shoulder surgery.
Drewiske, 28, initially suffered the injury during training camp and was originally diagnosed to miss four weeks. But with the ailment not improving, the decision was made for surgery in the hopes of salvaging his season.
As mentioned above, it’s the latest blow to the Montreal blueline.
As for Drewiske, it remains to be seen how he’ll fit in once healthy. He was a useful pickup for Montreal at last year’s deadline, scoring three points in nine games, but failed to crack the lineup in the playoffs.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)