Oct 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s banged-up blueline suffered another hit on Wednesday as the club announced Davis Drewiske would be out 5-6 months following shoulder surgery.
Drewiske, 28, initially suffered the injury during training camp and was originally diagnosed to miss four weeks. But with the ailment not improving, the decision was made for surgery in the hopes of salvaging his season.
As mentioned above, it’s the latest blow to the Montreal blueline.
As for Drewiske, it remains to be seen how he’ll fit in once healthy. He was a useful pickup for Montreal at last year’s deadline, scoring three points in nine games, but failed to crack the lineup in the playoffs.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)