Oct 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Montreal’s banged-up blueline suffered another hit on Wednesday as the club announced Davis Drewiske would be out 5-6 months following shoulder surgery.
Drewiske, 28, initially suffered the injury during training camp and was originally diagnosed to miss four weeks. But with the ailment not improving, the decision was made for surgery in the hopes of salvaging his season.
As mentioned above, it’s the latest blow to the Montreal blueline.
As for Drewiske, it remains to be seen how he’ll fit in once healthy. He was a useful pickup for Montreal at last year’s deadline, scoring three points in nine games, but failed to crack the lineup in the playoffs.
- 2015 Jack Adams Award finalists: Hartley, Laviolette, Vigneault 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 17
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 42
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (66)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)