Oct 16, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane left practice on Wednesday and for now it remains unknown if he’ll be in the lineup Friday against the St. Louis Blues.
As per NHL.com, Kane left practice favoring his right leg and did not return.
“He got a tweak in practice and he’ll get assessed sometime today. We’ll go from there,” Jets head coach Claude Noel said. “[He’s] day-to-day right now.”
The Jets enter the back half of a six-game home stand, having two of the first three, including a 3-0 shutout defeat at the hands of the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old Kane has had his difficult moments for the Jets so far in this young season.
He has three goals and five points in seven games, although his point production has stalled over the last five games.
In that span, he has only two goals – both coming against the still winless New Jersey Devils.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 24
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 2
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)