Oct 16, 2013, 10:12 PM EST
Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane left practice on Wednesday and for now it remains unknown if he’ll be in the lineup Friday against the St. Louis Blues.
As per NHL.com, Kane left practice favoring his right leg and did not return.
“He got a tweak in practice and he’ll get assessed sometime today. We’ll go from there,” Jets head coach Claude Noel said. “[He's] day-to-day right now.”
The Jets enter the back half of a six-game home stand, having two of the first three, including a 3-0 shutout defeat at the hands of the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old Kane has had his difficult moments for the Jets so far in this young season.
He has three goals and five points in seven games, although his point production has stalled over the last five games.
In that span, he has only two goals – both coming against the still winless New Jersey Devils.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)