Oct 16, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane left practice on Wednesday and for now it remains unknown if he’ll be in the lineup Friday against the St. Louis Blues.
As per NHL.com, Kane left practice favoring his right leg and did not return.
“He got a tweak in practice and he’ll get assessed sometime today. We’ll go from there,” Jets head coach Claude Noel said. “[He's] day-to-day right now.”
The Jets enter the back half of a six-game home stand, having two of the first three, including a 3-0 shutout defeat at the hands of the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old Kane has had his difficult moments for the Jets so far in this young season.
He has three goals and five points in seven games, although his point production has stalled over the last five games.
In that span, he has only two goals – both coming against the still winless New Jersey Devils.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)