Oct 16, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane left practice on Wednesday and for now it remains unknown if he’ll be in the lineup Friday against the St. Louis Blues.
As per NHL.com, Kane left practice favoring his right leg and did not return.
“He got a tweak in practice and he’ll get assessed sometime today. We’ll go from there,” Jets head coach Claude Noel said. “[He’s] day-to-day right now.”
The Jets enter the back half of a six-game home stand, having two of the first three, including a 3-0 shutout defeat at the hands of the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old Kane has had his difficult moments for the Jets so far in this young season.
He has three goals and five points in seven games, although his point production has stalled over the last five games.
In that span, he has only two goals – both coming against the still winless New Jersey Devils.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)