Oct 16, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane left practice on Wednesday and for now it remains unknown if he’ll be in the lineup Friday against the St. Louis Blues.
As per NHL.com, Kane left practice favoring his right leg and did not return.
“He got a tweak in practice and he’ll get assessed sometime today. We’ll go from there,” Jets head coach Claude Noel said. “[He’s] day-to-day right now.”
The Jets enter the back half of a six-game home stand, having two of the first three, including a 3-0 shutout defeat at the hands of the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old Kane has had his difficult moments for the Jets so far in this young season.
He has three goals and five points in seven games, although his point production has stalled over the last five games.
In that span, he has only two goals – both coming against the still winless New Jersey Devils.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5