Oct 16, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Sharks forward Adam Burish has been placed on injured reserve with a back injury that will require surgery.
Per CSN Bay Area, the 30-year-old will be out “an extended period of time.” He was apparently hurt in the Sharks’ preseason opener on Sep. 16.
Burish had one goal, two assists and 65 hits for the Sharks in 2013.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6