Oct 16, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Sharks forward Adam Burish has been placed on injured reserve with a back injury that will require surgery.
Per CSN Bay Area, the 30-year-old will be out “an extended period of time.” He was apparently hurt in the Sharks’ preseason opener on Sep. 16.
Burish had one goal, two assists and 65 hits for the Sharks in 2013.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7