Oct 16, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Sharks forward Adam Burish has been placed on injured reserve with a back injury that will require surgery.
Per CSN Bay Area, the 30-year-old will be out “an extended period of time.” He was apparently hurt in the Sharks’ preseason opener on Sep. 16.
Burish had one goal, two assists and 65 hits for the Sharks in 2013.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5