Oct 16, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
“I’m OK. That was scary,” Boyle texted the Merc’s David Pollak on Wednesday. “Hopefully the symptoms will be very minor if any going forward.”
The Sharks defenseman was boarded by St. Louis’ Maxim Lapierre in the first period of Tuesday’s 6-2 win, and was knocked unconscious after his jaw collided with the dasher. San Jose GM Doug Wilson told Sportsnet that Boyle was knocked out for a “considerable” amount of time before being shipped off to a local area hospital.
Boyle, 37, spent the night in hospital and was set to be released today. He will fly back to San Jose while the team finishes its two-game road swing in Dallas on Thursday.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39