Oct 16, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
“I’m OK. That was scary,” Boyle texted the Merc’s David Pollak on Wednesday. “Hopefully the symptoms will be very minor if any going forward.”
The Sharks defenseman was boarded by St. Louis’ Maxim Lapierre in the first period of Tuesday’s 6-2 win, and was knocked unconscious after his jaw collided with the dasher. San Jose GM Doug Wilson told Sportsnet that Boyle was knocked out for a “considerable” amount of time before being shipped off to a local area hospital.
Boyle, 37, spent the night in hospital and was set to be released today. He will fly back to San Jose while the team finishes its two-game road swing in Dallas on Thursday.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21