Oct 16, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
After Tuesday’s action, there are two teams that haven’t lost a game so far in the 2013-14 season: the Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks. The Avs didn’t cruise like the Sharks did tonight, sweating out a 3-2 win against the Dallas Stars to extend their hot start to 6-0-0.
Semyon Varlamov really stole the show. He stopped 39 out of 41 Stars shots, including 34 out of 35 as Dallas threw a ton of shots at the Colorado net in the last two periods. This is the first time the 25-year-old allowed more than one goal in a game this season. He’s been especially stupendous in his last two starts, stopping an amazing 79 out of 82 shots.
(Of course, that’s probably evidence that the Avalanche need to tighten things up a bit if they want to be more than a team with a lucky start.)
Matt Duchene scored two goals to continue his also-impressive start, as he now has seven points in his first six games.
It’s difficult to really gauge the 2-3-0 Stars so far, although Tyler Seguin is clearly trying; he doubled his shot total with seven on net tonight and collected an assist to push his season points total to seven in five contests.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)