Oct 16, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
After Tuesday’s action, there are two teams that haven’t lost a game so far in the 2013-14 season: the Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks. The Avs didn’t cruise like the Sharks did tonight, sweating out a 3-2 win against the Dallas Stars to extend their hot start to 6-0-0.
Semyon Varlamov really stole the show. He stopped 39 out of 41 Stars shots, including 34 out of 35 as Dallas threw a ton of shots at the Colorado net in the last two periods. This is the first time the 25-year-old allowed more than one goal in a game this season. He’s been especially stupendous in his last two starts, stopping an amazing 79 out of 82 shots.
(Of course, that’s probably evidence that the Avalanche need to tighten things up a bit if they want to be more than a team with a lucky start.)
Matt Duchene scored two goals to continue his also-impressive start, as he now has seven points in his first six games.
It’s difficult to really gauge the 2-3-0 Stars so far, although Tyler Seguin is clearly trying; he doubled his shot total with seven on net tonight and collected an assist to push his season points total to seven in five contests.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 0
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 8
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)