Oct 16, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
After Tuesday’s action, there are two teams that haven’t lost a game so far in the 2013-14 season: the Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks. The Avs didn’t cruise like the Sharks did tonight, sweating out a 3-2 win against the Dallas Stars to extend their hot start to 6-0-0.
Semyon Varlamov really stole the show. He stopped 39 out of 41 Stars shots, including 34 out of 35 as Dallas threw a ton of shots at the Colorado net in the last two periods. This is the first time the 25-year-old allowed more than one goal in a game this season. He’s been especially stupendous in his last two starts, stopping an amazing 79 out of 82 shots.
(Of course, that’s probably evidence that the Avalanche need to tighten things up a bit if they want to be more than a team with a lucky start.)
Matt Duchene scored two goals to continue his also-impressive start, as he now has seven points in his first six games.
It’s difficult to really gauge the 2-3-0 Stars so far, although Tyler Seguin is clearly trying; he doubled his shot total with seven on net tonight and collected an assist to push his season points total to seven in five contests.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)