Oct 16, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
After Tuesday’s action, there are two teams that haven’t lost a game so far in the 2013-14 season: the Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks. The Avs didn’t cruise like the Sharks did tonight, sweating out a 3-2 win against the Dallas Stars to extend their hot start to 6-0-0.
Semyon Varlamov really stole the show. He stopped 39 out of 41 Stars shots, including 34 out of 35 as Dallas threw a ton of shots at the Colorado net in the last two periods. This is the first time the 25-year-old allowed more than one goal in a game this season. He’s been especially stupendous in his last two starts, stopping an amazing 79 out of 82 shots.
(Of course, that’s probably evidence that the Avalanche need to tighten things up a bit if they want to be more than a team with a lucky start.)
Matt Duchene scored two goals to continue his also-impressive start, as he now has seven points in his first six games.
It’s difficult to really gauge the 2-3-0 Stars so far, although Tyler Seguin is clearly trying; he doubled his shot total with seven on net tonight and collected an assist to push his season points total to seven in five contests.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)