Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
It was good news for the 26-year-old, who in May had one goal and six assists in 12 postseason contests for New York.
Flash forward to the present, however, and things are decidedly less rosy. The Rangers are 1-4-0 and Zuccarello has yet to register a point despite averaging 17:24 of ice time per game, including 12:50 of time in total with the man advantage.
“I’ve got to produce,” Zuccarello told the Daily News. “Of course, if you get a good chance and play a lot … you can be happy about a game and feel you played well, but you need to show it on the board, too. You need to produce.”
The Rangers have called up JT Miller from AHL Hartford for tomorrow’s game in Washington, after which head coach Alain Vigneault says “we will re-evaluate” the lineup.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 25
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)