Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
It was good news for the 26-year-old, who in May had one goal and six assists in 12 postseason contests for New York.
Flash forward to the present, however, and things are decidedly less rosy. The Rangers are 1-4-0 and Zuccarello has yet to register a point despite averaging 17:24 of ice time per game, including 12:50 of time in total with the man advantage.
“I’ve got to produce,” Zuccarello told the Daily News. “Of course, if you get a good chance and play a lot … you can be happy about a game and feel you played well, but you need to show it on the board, too. You need to produce.”
The Rangers have called up JT Miller from AHL Hartford for tomorrow’s game in Washington, after which head coach Alain Vigneault says “we will re-evaluate” the lineup.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)