Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
It was good news for the 26-year-old, who in May had one goal and six assists in 12 postseason contests for New York.
Flash forward to the present, however, and things are decidedly less rosy. The Rangers are 1-4-0 and Zuccarello has yet to register a point despite averaging 17:24 of ice time per game, including 12:50 of time in total with the man advantage.
“I’ve got to produce,” Zuccarello told the Daily News. “Of course, if you get a good chance and play a lot … you can be happy about a game and feel you played well, but you need to show it on the board, too. You need to produce.”
The Rangers have called up JT Miller from AHL Hartford for tomorrow’s game in Washington, after which head coach Alain Vigneault says “we will re-evaluate” the lineup.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)