Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
It was good news for the 26-year-old, who in May had one goal and six assists in 12 postseason contests for New York.
Flash forward to the present, however, and things are decidedly less rosy. The Rangers are 1-4-0 and Zuccarello has yet to register a point despite averaging 17:24 of ice time per game, including 12:50 of time in total with the man advantage.
“I’ve got to produce,” Zuccarello told the Daily News. “Of course, if you get a good chance and play a lot … you can be happy about a game and feel you played well, but you need to show it on the board, too. You need to produce.”
The Rangers have called up JT Miller from AHL Hartford for tomorrow’s game in Washington, after which head coach Alain Vigneault says “we will re-evaluate” the lineup.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 24
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 23
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)