Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
It was good news for the 26-year-old, who in May had one goal and six assists in 12 postseason contests for New York.
Flash forward to the present, however, and things are decidedly less rosy. The Rangers are 1-4-0 and Zuccarello has yet to register a point despite averaging 17:24 of ice time per game, including 12:50 of time in total with the man advantage.
“I’ve got to produce,” Zuccarello told the Daily News. “Of course, if you get a good chance and play a lot … you can be happy about a game and feel you played well, but you need to show it on the board, too. You need to produce.”
The Rangers have called up JT Miller from AHL Hartford for tomorrow’s game in Washington, after which head coach Alain Vigneault says “we will re-evaluate” the lineup.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (85)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)