Oct 15, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens fans have noticed Max Pacioretty‘s tendency to shake off injuries with stunning speed, handing him the nickname “Wolverine.” He won’t be able to heal up quickly enough on Tuesday to return from the lower-body injury he suffered thanks to an awkward fall in the first period, however.
It appears that he hurt his left leg, specifically.
This video captures the tough break:
Pacioretty, 24, has three points in four games so far this season. The Canadiens currently hold a 2-0 lead against the Winnipeg Jets tonight.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)