Oct 15, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens fans have noticed Max Pacioretty‘s tendency to shake off injuries with stunning speed, handing him the nickname “Wolverine.” He won’t be able to heal up quickly enough on Tuesday to return from the lower-body injury he suffered thanks to an awkward fall in the first period, however.
It appears that he hurt his left leg, specifically.
This video captures the tough break:
Pacioretty, 24, has three points in four games so far this season. The Canadiens currently hold a 2-0 lead against the Winnipeg Jets tonight.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 0
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 10
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 25
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 55
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)