Oct 15, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens fans have noticed Max Pacioretty‘s tendency to shake off injuries with stunning speed, handing him the nickname “Wolverine.” He won’t be able to heal up quickly enough on Tuesday to return from the lower-body injury he suffered thanks to an awkward fall in the first period, however.
It appears that he hurt his left leg, specifically.
This video captures the tough break:
Pacioretty, 24, has three points in four games so far this season. The Canadiens currently hold a 2-0 lead against the Winnipeg Jets tonight.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)