Oct 15, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens fans have noticed Max Pacioretty‘s tendency to shake off injuries with stunning speed, handing him the nickname “Wolverine.” He won’t be able to heal up quickly enough on Tuesday to return from the lower-body injury he suffered thanks to an awkward fall in the first period, however.
It appears that he hurt his left leg, specifically.
This video captures the tough break:
Pacioretty, 24, has three points in four games so far this season. The Canadiens currently hold a 2-0 lead against the Winnipeg Jets tonight.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 25
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)