Oct 15, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens fans have noticed Max Pacioretty‘s tendency to shake off injuries with stunning speed, handing him the nickname “Wolverine.” He won’t be able to heal up quickly enough on Tuesday to return from the lower-body injury he suffered thanks to an awkward fall in the first period, however.
It appears that he hurt his left leg, specifically.
This video captures the tough break:
Pacioretty, 24, has three points in four games so far this season. The Canadiens currently hold a 2-0 lead against the Winnipeg Jets tonight.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)