Oct 15, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
While Ovechkin’s health isn’t believed to be a major concern — “A little tired from last night [4-2 win over Edmonton]; he said, ‘Let me get outta here,’ and I said, ‘Sure,’” Oates explained — it has to be noted this incident came roughly 48 hours after Ovechkin participated in a D.C.-area Segway tour.
During the Caps Casino Night Fundraiser last year, one of the experiences auctioned off was a Segway tour around D.C. accompanied by Caps players.
Last year, another fan won a cooking class with Roman Hamrlik at the same auction.
Here’s Ovi in action. Note that, of the four Washington players participating, he appears to be the only one without his chinstrap safely fastened:
Compare that with Marcus Johansson, who’s not only strapped in snugly — he also appears to be wearing an additional safety device underneath his helmet.
(Editor’s note: Might just be a baseball hat.)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)