Oct 15, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
While Ovechkin’s health isn’t believed to be a major concern — “A little tired from last night [4-2 win over Edmonton]; he said, ‘Let me get outta here,’ and I said, ‘Sure,'” Oates explained — it has to be noted this incident came roughly 48 hours after Ovechkin participated in a D.C.-area Segway tour.
During the Caps Casino Night Fundraiser last year, one of the experiences auctioned off was a Segway tour around D.C. accompanied by Caps players.
Last year, another fan won a cooking class with Roman Hamrlik at the same auction.
Here’s Ovi in action. Note that, of the four Washington players participating, he appears to be the only one without his chinstrap safely fastened:
Compare that with Marcus Johansson, who’s not only strapped in snugly — he also appears to be wearing an additional safety device underneath his helmet.
(Editor’s note: Might just be a baseball hat.)
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18