Oct 15, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
While Ovechkin’s health isn’t believed to be a major concern — “A little tired from last night [4-2 win over Edmonton]; he said, ‘Let me get outta here,’ and I said, ‘Sure,'” Oates explained — it has to be noted this incident came roughly 48 hours after Ovechkin participated in a D.C.-area Segway tour.
During the Caps Casino Night Fundraiser last year, one of the experiences auctioned off was a Segway tour around D.C. accompanied by Caps players.
Last year, another fan won a cooking class with Roman Hamrlik at the same auction.
Here’s Ovi in action. Note that, of the four Washington players participating, he appears to be the only one without his chinstrap safely fastened:
Compare that with Marcus Johansson, who’s not only strapped in snugly — he also appears to be wearing an additional safety device underneath his helmet.
(Editor’s note: Might just be a baseball hat.)
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)