Oct 15, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
While Ovechkin’s health isn’t believed to be a major concern — “A little tired from last night [4-2 win over Edmonton]; he said, ‘Let me get outta here,’ and I said, ‘Sure,'” Oates explained — it has to be noted this incident came roughly 48 hours after Ovechkin participated in a D.C.-area Segway tour.
During the Caps Casino Night Fundraiser last year, one of the experiences auctioned off was a Segway tour around D.C. accompanied by Caps players.
Last year, another fan won a cooking class with Roman Hamrlik at the same auction.
Here’s Ovi in action. Note that, of the four Washington players participating, he appears to be the only one without his chinstrap safely fastened:
Compare that with Marcus Johansson, who’s not only strapped in snugly — he also appears to be wearing an additional safety device underneath his helmet.
(Editor’s note: Might just be a baseball hat.)
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)