Oct 15, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
While Ovechkin’s health isn’t believed to be a major concern — “A little tired from last night [4-2 win over Edmonton]; he said, ‘Let me get outta here,’ and I said, ‘Sure,'” Oates explained — it has to be noted this incident came roughly 48 hours after Ovechkin participated in a D.C.-area Segway tour.
During the Caps Casino Night Fundraiser last year, one of the experiences auctioned off was a Segway tour around D.C. accompanied by Caps players.
Last year, another fan won a cooking class with Roman Hamrlik at the same auction.
Here’s Ovi in action. Note that, of the four Washington players participating, he appears to be the only one without his chinstrap safely fastened:
Compare that with Marcus Johansson, who’s not only strapped in snugly — he also appears to be wearing an additional safety device underneath his helmet.
(Editor’s note: Might just be a baseball hat.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)