Oct 15, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks will have their leading goalscorer in the lineup tonight for a huge tilt with the Blues.
“I feel very good and I am ready tonight,” Hertl said.
The first of the collisions occurred last Thursday in Vancouver, when Canucks defenseman Alex Edler delivered this headshot, earning a three-game suspension:
Hertl appeared none worse for wear after the hit (he played 5:02 in the final period).
On Saturday, the 19-year-old Czech wasn’t as fortunate. This “worrying” collision with Ottawa’s Clarke MacArthur forced Hertl to leave the contest and not return:
Hertl took a maintenance day on Sunday and there was some speculation he could be held out of tonight’s affair as a precautionary measure.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)