Oct 15, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks will have their leading goalscorer in the lineup tonight for a huge tilt with the Blues.
“I feel very good and I am ready tonight,” Hertl said.
The first of the collisions occurred last Thursday in Vancouver, when Canucks defenseman Alex Edler delivered this headshot, earning a three-game suspension:
Hertl appeared none worse for wear after the hit (he played 5:02 in the final period).
On Saturday, the 19-year-old Czech wasn’t as fortunate. This “worrying” collision with Ottawa’s Clarke MacArthur forced Hertl to leave the contest and not return:
Hertl took a maintenance day on Sunday and there was some speculation he could be held out of tonight’s affair as a precautionary measure.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)