Oct 15, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks will have their leading goalscorer in the lineup tonight for a huge tilt with the Blues.
“I feel very good and I am ready tonight,” Hertl said.
The first of the collisions occurred last Thursday in Vancouver, when Canucks defenseman Alex Edler delivered this headshot, earning a three-game suspension:
Hertl appeared none worse for wear after the hit (he played 5:02 in the final period).
On Saturday, the 19-year-old Czech wasn’t as fortunate. This “worrying” collision with Ottawa’s Clarke MacArthur forced Hertl to leave the contest and not return:
Hertl took a maintenance day on Sunday and there was some speculation he could be held out of tonight’s affair as a precautionary measure.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)