Oct 15, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks will have their leading goalscorer in the lineup tonight for a huge tilt with the Blues.
“I feel very good and I am ready tonight,” Hertl said.
The first of the collisions occurred last Thursday in Vancouver, when Canucks defenseman Alex Edler delivered this headshot, earning a three-game suspension:
Hertl appeared none worse for wear after the hit (he played 5:02 in the final period).
On Saturday, the 19-year-old Czech wasn’t as fortunate. This “worrying” collision with Ottawa’s Clarke MacArthur forced Hertl to leave the contest and not return:
Hertl took a maintenance day on Sunday and there was some speculation he could be held out of tonight’s affair as a precautionary measure.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)