Oct 15, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks will have their leading goalscorer in the lineup tonight for a huge tilt with the Blues.
“I feel very good and I am ready tonight,” Hertl said.
The first of the collisions occurred last Thursday in Vancouver, when Canucks defenseman Alex Edler delivered this headshot, earning a three-game suspension:
Hertl appeared none worse for wear after the hit (he played 5:02 in the final period).
On Saturday, the 19-year-old Czech wasn’t as fortunate. This “worrying” collision with Ottawa’s Clarke MacArthur forced Hertl to leave the contest and not return:
Hertl took a maintenance day on Sunday and there was some speculation he could be held out of tonight’s affair as a precautionary measure.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5