Oct 15, 2013, 10:49 PM EST
During Tuesday’s game against the St. Louis Blues, San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told CSNBayArea.com’s Brodie Brazil that they wanted to “finish the game” for their injured defenseman. They did just that, too, winning 6-2.
San Jose remains undefeated and has generated a whopping 30 goals in six games, giving St. Louis its first loss of 2013-14.
Losing Boyle for what could be a substantial amount of time would certainly hurt, but the Sharks made the Blues pay. They scored two power-play goals in the first period following the many bursts of violence and never turned back.
The Blues scored two goals in the third period, but were down 5-2 by then and Patrick Marleau dug the knife in a little deeper with a 6-2 power-play goal.
In a way, that violent moment seemed to overshadow a battle between two early Western Conference heavyweights, yet one could also argue that the Sharks made a statement by keeping their cool enough to dominate the Blues in their own building on national television.
The Sharks and Blues will meet in two more regular season games: Nov. 29 in San Jose and Dec. 17 in St. Louis.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Because he’s spent much of this season questioning his team.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
When Nashville loses, it loses big.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
It’s been a long journey for the former No. 6 overall pick.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
Incident occurred on Sunday, against Boston’s Kevan Miller.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
No goals in 18 games for the Sabres.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Facing a lengthy suspension.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Bad news, especially given his history.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
He spent 16 years with and played over 600 games for the Flames.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
That’s the stadium in the ‘Peg.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
If he’s not available, the Bruins will need to call up a defenseman.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
Playing at least one more season would likely make him Ottawa’s all-time games leader.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:47 AM EST
Both teams have struggled lately.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:41 AM EST
Vancouver is getting in the thick of things.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
The Ducks are 11-0-2 in Anaheim this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
He could miss more time, too.
Dec 9, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
No timeline yet for his return from various ailments.
Dec 9, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
Ottawa wins shootout by slim margin.
Dec 9, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
They’ve won six straight games at home.
Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
There’s a chance Zbynek Michalek could be back, though.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 18
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 19
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (130)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)