Oct 15, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons was cut badly after a Tyler Myers shot struck him in the face during Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders. He was able to leave the ice under his own power, but hasn’t returned to the contest so far, as the Buffalo News’ John Vogl reports.
Video of the scary scene isn’t available just yet, but “iNga” shared this screen capture of the bloody scene:
Frightening stuff. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 19-year-old’s condition and footage of the incident.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10