Oct 15, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons was cut badly after a Tyler Myers shot struck him in the face during Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders. He was able to leave the ice under his own power, but hasn’t returned to the contest so far, as the Buffalo News’ John Vogl reports.
Video of the scary scene isn’t available just yet, but “iNga” shared this screen capture of the bloody scene:
Frightening stuff. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 19-year-old’s condition and footage of the incident.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4