Oct 15, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons was cut badly after a Tyler Myers shot struck him in the face during Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders. He was able to leave the ice under his own power, but hasn’t returned to the contest so far, as the Buffalo News’ John Vogl reports.
Video of the scary scene isn’t available just yet, but “iNga” shared this screen capture of the bloody scene:
Frightening stuff. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 19-year-old’s condition and footage of the incident.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40