Oct 15, 2013, 6:47 PM EST
There’s no word on what is ailing JVR just yet, but he didn’t participate in the team’s pre-game skate.
The 24-year-old is really finding a great rhythm with Phil Kessel so far this season, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games. He’s not being shy about shooting, with 23 shots on goal in that period.
Obviously, Toronto has to hope this is just a day-to-day kind of injury, assuming he’s sitting out for injury reasons.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 12
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 9
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8