Oct 15, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
There’s no word on what is ailing JVR just yet, but he didn’t participate in the team’s pre-game skate.
The 24-year-old is really finding a great rhythm with Phil Kessel so far this season, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games. He’s not being shy about shooting, with 23 shots on goal in that period.
Obviously, Toronto has to hope this is just a day-to-day kind of injury, assuming he’s sitting out for injury reasons.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8