Oct 15, 2013, 6:47 PM EST
There’s no word on what is ailing JVR just yet, but he didn’t participate in the team’s pre-game skate.
The 24-year-old is really finding a great rhythm with Phil Kessel so far this season, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games. He’s not being shy about shooting, with 23 shots on goal in that period.
Obviously, Toronto has to hope this is just a day-to-day kind of injury, assuming he’s sitting out for injury reasons.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 8
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 40
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45