Oct 15, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
The NHL brought the hammer down on Patrick Kaleta with a 10-game suspension, but the question is: will it stick? Onlookers such as Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski and Sportsnet’s John Shannon believe that Kaleta might appeal that lengthy ban.
Wyshynski lays out the argument Kaleta, 27, might make:
Get the sense it’s expected Kaleta will appeal. Interesting case: No penalty, no injury. It’s priors and reputation that earned 10 games.
— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) October 15, 2013
Here’s Brendan Shanahan’s video explanation for the suspension:
If Kaleta goes the appeal route, he wouldn’t be the first notorious hitter to do so, as Raffi Torres made waves with his before. The new CBA dictates that the appeal could go all the way to an independent arbitrator, something Shannon points out as possibility.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)