Oct 15, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Brazil also reports that Boyle, 37, can move his extremities, which is fantastic news for those concerned about a major neck injury.
The skilled defenseman was taken off the ice on a stretcher following this hit by Blues forward Maxim Lapierre, who might face supplementary discipline from the NHL:
PHT will provide further updates regarding Boyle’s status as more information surfaces.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32