Oct 15, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Brazil also reports that Boyle, 37, can move his extremities, which is fantastic news for those concerned about a major neck injury.
The skilled defenseman was taken off the ice on a stretcher following this hit by Blues forward Maxim Lapierre, who might face supplementary discipline from the NHL:
PHT will provide further updates regarding Boyle’s status as more information surfaces.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39