Oct 15, 2013, 10:37 AM EST
Pittsburgh added some grit to its lineup on Tuesday by recalling forward Harry Zolnierczyk from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
The Pens are hurting up front with wingers Beau Bennett and James Neal out with unspecified injuries. Bennett, 20, was skating in place of Neal, who has been out since hurting himself in the first game of the season and is now on injured reserve.
Zolnierczyk, 26, has shown a surprising offensive flair for WBS thus far, scoring three goals in three games. He split last season between the Ducks and Flyers, appearing in seven games with Philly and none with Anaheim — he was shipped immediately to the Ducks’ AHL affiliate in Norfolk, and played out the season there.
The former Brown University standout make his mark on the league last year with some reckless hits. He was tossed from a game against Washington for kneeing Caps forward Mathieu Perreault, then suspended four games for charging Ottawa’s Mike Lundin.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)