Oct 15, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Here’s the hit in question:
Schultz, 23, returned to action a short while after the hit. Chimera was dinged with a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
This isn’t the first time Chimera has run into trouble with a questionable boarding play. In March of 2012, he was criticized for this hit on Boston’s Adam McQuaid:
Chimera didn’t receive any supplemental discipline for that hit, either.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20