Oct 15, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Here’s the hit in question:
Schultz, 23, returned to action a short while after the hit. Chimera was dinged with a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
This isn’t the first time Chimera has run into trouble with a questionable boarding play. In March of 2012, he was criticized for this hit on Boston’s Adam McQuaid:
Chimera didn’t receive any supplemental discipline for that hit, either.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5