Oct 15, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
News and notes from the crease…
After missing Saturday’s loss to Pittsburgh with a lower-body injury, Ben Bishop will return to the net for Tampa tonight against Los Angeles.
Bishop, 26, has been very good to start the year and looks to have put some distance between himself and Anders Lindback for the No. 1 job. The tallest goalie in the league (Bishop’s 6-foot-7) is a perfect 3-0-0 this season with a .928 save percentage and 1.93 GAA.
Lindback, meanwhile, allowed five goals on 26 shots to the Pens on the weekend.
Reports out of the Wild camp suggest rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper could get the start tonight in Toronto over Josh Harding.
Kuemper, 23, was recalled from AHL Iowa last week after No. 1 Niklas Backstrom went down with a knee injury. Harding has been the go-to in relief but, according to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, “it makes little sense to risk injury tonight to Harding in the second of back-to-backs in what is bound to be a tough game,” against Toronto.
Harding was in net last night for Minnesota’s 2-1 win over Buffalo.
UPDATE: Kuemper will indeed start, according to Russo.
— Dallas’ Dan Ellis will reportedly start tonight against Colorado and Thursday against San Jose with No. 1 Kari Lehtonen on injured reserve. No word on when prospect Jack Campbell, the club’s first-round pick in 2010, will make his NHL debut (if he does at all).
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)