Oct 15, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
News and notes from the crease…
After missing Saturday’s loss to Pittsburgh with a lower-body injury, Ben Bishop will return to the net for Tampa tonight against Los Angeles.
Bishop, 26, has been very good to start the year and looks to have put some distance between himself and Anders Lindback for the No. 1 job. The tallest goalie in the league (Bishop’s 6-foot-7) is a perfect 3-0-0 this season with a .928 save percentage and 1.93 GAA.
Lindback, meanwhile, allowed five goals on 26 shots to the Pens on the weekend.
Reports out of the Wild camp suggest rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper could get the start tonight in Toronto over Josh Harding.
Kuemper, 23, was recalled from AHL Iowa last week after No. 1 Niklas Backstrom went down with a knee injury. Harding has been the go-to in relief but, according to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, “it makes little sense to risk injury tonight to Harding in the second of back-to-backs in what is bound to be a tough game,” against Toronto.
Harding was in net last night for Minnesota’s 2-1 win over Buffalo.
UPDATE: Kuemper will indeed start, according to Russo.
— Dallas’ Dan Ellis will reportedly start tonight against Colorado and Thursday against San Jose with No. 1 Kari Lehtonen on injured reserve. No word on when prospect Jack Campbell, the club’s first-round pick in 2010, will make his NHL debut (if he does at all).
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)