Oct 15, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
News and notes from the crease…
After missing Saturday’s loss to Pittsburgh with a lower-body injury, Ben Bishop will return to the net for Tampa tonight against Los Angeles.
Bishop, 26, has been very good to start the year and looks to have put some distance between himself and Anders Lindback for the No. 1 job. The tallest goalie in the league (Bishop’s 6-foot-7) is a perfect 3-0-0 this season with a .928 save percentage and 1.93 GAA.
Lindback, meanwhile, allowed five goals on 26 shots to the Pens on the weekend.
Reports out of the Wild camp suggest rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper could get the start tonight in Toronto over Josh Harding.
Kuemper, 23, was recalled from AHL Iowa last week after No. 1 Niklas Backstrom went down with a knee injury. Harding has been the go-to in relief but, according to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, “it makes little sense to risk injury tonight to Harding in the second of back-to-backs in what is bound to be a tough game,” against Toronto.
Harding was in net last night for Minnesota’s 2-1 win over Buffalo.
UPDATE: Kuemper will indeed start, according to Russo.
– Dallas’ Dan Ellis will reportedly start tonight against Colorado and Thursday against San Jose with No. 1 Kari Lehtonen on injured reserve. No word on when prospect Jack Campbell, the club’s first-round pick in 2010, will make his NHL debut (if he does at all).
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)