Oct 15, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
After missing Saturday’s loss to Pittsburgh with a lower-body injury, Ben Bishop will return to the net for Tampa tonight against Los Angeles.
Bishop, 26, has been very good to start the year and looks to have put some distance between himself and Anders Lindback for the No. 1 job. The tallest goalie in the league (Bishop’s 6-foot-7) is a perfect 3-0-0 this season with a .928 save percentage and 1.93 GAA.
Lindback, meanwhile, allowed five goals on 26 shots to the Pens on the weekend.
Reports out of the Wild camp suggest rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper could get the start tonight in Toronto over Josh Harding.
Kuemper, 23, was recalled from AHL Iowa last week after No. 1 Niklas Backstrom went down with a knee injury. Harding has been the go-to in relief but, according to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, “it makes little sense to risk injury tonight to Harding in the second of back-to-backs in what is bound to be a tough game,” against Toronto.
Harding was in net last night for Minnesota’s 2-1 win over Buffalo.
UPDATE: Kuemper will indeed start, according to Russo.
— Dallas’ Dan Ellis will reportedly start tonight against Colorado and Thursday against San Jose with No. 1 Kari Lehtonen on injured reserve. No word on when prospect Jack Campbell, the club’s first-round pick in 2010, will make his NHL debut (if he does at all).
- Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)