Oct 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Bjugstad, 21, suffered the concussion during Florida’s rookie tournament in early September. He was held out of training camp and has not seen any game action this season, though he did returned to practice on Monday and had a “solid” showing, according to head coach Kevin Dineen.
Bjugstad, a center, spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers in 2013 appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
There was some thought about sending Bjugstad to AHL San Antonio on a conditioning assignment but, with the Panthers having lost three of four, the club figures it could use a spark from the 6-foot-6, 215-pounder.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)