Oct 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
Bjugstad, 21, suffered the concussion during Florida’s rookie tournament in early September. He was held out of training camp and has not seen any game action this season, though he did returned to practice on Monday and had a “solid” showing, according to head coach Kevin Dineen.
Bjugstad, a center, spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers in 2013 appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
There was some thought about sending Bjugstad to AHL San Antonio on a conditioning assignment but, with the Panthers having lost three of four, the club figures it could use a spark from the 6-foot-6, 215-pounder.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 36
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)