Oct 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Bjugstad, 21, suffered the concussion during Florida’s rookie tournament in early September. He was held out of training camp and has not seen any game action this season, though he did returned to practice on Monday and had a “solid” showing, according to head coach Kevin Dineen.
Bjugstad, a center, spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers in 2013 appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
There was some thought about sending Bjugstad to AHL San Antonio on a conditioning assignment but, with the Panthers having lost three of four, the club figures it could use a spark from the 6-foot-6, 215-pounder.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)