Oct 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
Bjugstad, 21, suffered the concussion during Florida’s rookie tournament in early September. He was held out of training camp and has not seen any game action this season, though he did returned to practice on Monday and had a “solid” showing, according to head coach Kevin Dineen.
Bjugstad, a center, spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers in 2013 appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
There was some thought about sending Bjugstad to AHL San Antonio on a conditioning assignment but, with the Panthers having lost three of four, the club figures it could use a spark from the 6-foot-6, 215-pounder.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)