Oct 15, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to avoid a ton of trips to the penalty box on Tuesday,* but it didn’t get them their second win of 2013-14, as the Vancouver Canucks prevailed 3-2.
That was the second goal of the game for Kesler, who now has three on the season.
On the bright side, the Flyers might have a new partner-in-crime for Claude Giroux. Tye McGinn scored both of Philadelphia’s goals tonight, giving him a trio of tallies in his two games riding shotgun with Philly’s star center.
Such a breakthrough won’t be enough to pacify Philly fans, as the team is now a pitiful 1-6-0. While a stunning amount of Eastern Conference teams are experiencing similar struggles, few franchises feel the year-to-year pressure that the Flyers experience.
Things will only get uglier the longer the Flyers wait for that second win of 2013-14. If they don’t beat the hated Penguins in Pittsburgh on Thursday, they’ll need to wait a full week to get another chance at that elusive second W.
* – Just a hooking minor to Nicklas Grossmann.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
Buffalo scored the game-winner during the ensuing power play.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
Alex Pietrangelo had 10 shots on goal, which was almost as much as Edmonton.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
Ottawa has a rough schedule ahead of it.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:07 PM EST
The Red Wings have now won three straight contests.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:42 PM EST
Hope seems like a distant memory.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:11 PM EST
They’ve moved past their disappointing 2013-14 campaign.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Pittsburgh has been dominant outside of its division.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
Not his finest moment.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
He’s also approaching fifth place on the points leaderboard.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
You don’t see many goals that look like this.
Nov 28, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
That’s on top of Johnny Boychuk’s injury.
Nov 28, 2014, 6:58 PM EST
“We just didn’t execute tonight.”
Nov 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
The Blackhawks defenseman was able to stay in the game.
Nov 28, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
He was quite composed when he said it, for the record.
Nov 28, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Anaheim forward didn’t take another shift for the remainder of the opening frame.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:54 PM EST
Veteran d-man wasn’t playing much for Tampa Bay.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Oilers looked better last night in Nashville.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Cam Talbot shuts the door again, Blueshirts win 3-0.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
“Just that idea destroys the whole credibility of an organization.”
Nov 28, 2014, 3:41 PM EST
Even after Semyon Varlamov returns from injury.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)