Oct 15, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to avoid a ton of trips to the penalty box on Tuesday,* but it didn’t get them their second win of 2013-14, as the Vancouver Canucks prevailed 3-2.
That was the second goal of the game for Kesler, who now has three on the season.
On the bright side, the Flyers might have a new partner-in-crime for Claude Giroux. Tye McGinn scored both of Philadelphia’s goals tonight, giving him a trio of tallies in his two games riding shotgun with Philly’s star center.
Such a breakthrough won’t be enough to pacify Philly fans, as the team is now a pitiful 1-6-0. While a stunning amount of Eastern Conference teams are experiencing similar struggles, few franchises feel the year-to-year pressure that the Flyers experience.
Things will only get uglier the longer the Flyers wait for that second win of 2013-14. If they don’t beat the hated Penguins in Pittsburgh on Thursday, they’ll need to wait a full week to get another chance at that elusive second W.
* – Just a hooking minor to Nicklas Grossmann.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:08 PM EST
Mar 6, 2015, 8:22 PM EST
More reaction to what transpired earlier this week.
Mar 6, 2015, 7:37 PM EST
Yeah, not a very good effort in Arizona on Thursday.
Mar 6, 2015, 6:39 PM EST
Those contract extensions were announced Friday.
Mar 6, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Meaning Anders Lindback looks to play against Ottawa tonight.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
“There’s no such thing as a ‘must-win.’ Nobody gets locked up or thrown in the ocean or anything like that.”
Mar 6, 2015, 3:13 PM EST
Gritty forward will miss most of the remainder of the regular season.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:19 PM EST
“There’s no question Chiarelli would have a chance to work as soon as he wanted to.”
Mar 6, 2015, 2:03 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 6, 2015, 1:43 PM EST
Not the best timing for Winnipeg.
Mar 6, 2015, 1:13 PM EST
Making it virtually impossible for him to play again this season.
Mar 6, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
However, “We’re not hearing that from fans. Fans like the way the game is.”
Mar 6, 2015, 12:41 PM EST
The Scotiabank Saddledome opened in 1983.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:38 PM EST
It’s likely he’ll take the morning skate on Saturday.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
“It was a mutual agreement between both parties.”
Mar 6, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Hence, all the trades.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:43 AM EST
Huge blow to Colorado’s already slim playoff chances.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:01 AM EST
A bad week for the Jets and Canucks.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:53 AM EST
Which is good, considering he’s in the final year of his entry-level deal.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Both players were scheduled to become restricted free agents after this season.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32