Oct 15, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to avoid a ton of trips to the penalty box on Tuesday,* but it didn’t get them their second win of 2013-14, as the Vancouver Canucks prevailed 3-2.
That was the second goal of the game for Kesler, who now has three on the season.
On the bright side, the Flyers might have a new partner-in-crime for Claude Giroux. Tye McGinn scored both of Philadelphia’s goals tonight, giving him a trio of tallies in his two games riding shotgun with Philly’s star center.
Such a breakthrough won’t be enough to pacify Philly fans, as the team is now a pitiful 1-6-0. While a stunning amount of Eastern Conference teams are experiencing similar struggles, few franchises feel the year-to-year pressure that the Flyers experience.
Things will only get uglier the longer the Flyers wait for that second win of 2013-14. If they don’t beat the hated Penguins in Pittsburgh on Thursday, they’ll need to wait a full week to get another chance at that elusive second W.
* – Just a hooking minor to Nicklas Grossmann.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)