Oct 15, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to avoid a ton of trips to the penalty box on Tuesday,* but it didn’t get them their second win of 2013-14, as the Vancouver Canucks prevailed 3-2.
That was the second goal of the game for Kesler, who now has three on the season.
On the bright side, the Flyers might have a new partner-in-crime for Claude Giroux. Tye McGinn scored both of Philadelphia’s goals tonight, giving him a trio of tallies in his two games riding shotgun with Philly’s star center.
Such a breakthrough won’t be enough to pacify Philly fans, as the team is now a pitiful 1-6-0. While a stunning amount of Eastern Conference teams are experiencing similar struggles, few franchises feel the year-to-year pressure that the Flyers experience.
Things will only get uglier the longer the Flyers wait for that second win of 2013-14. If they don’t beat the hated Penguins in Pittsburgh on Thursday, they’ll need to wait a full week to get another chance at that elusive second W.
* – Just a hooking minor to Nicklas Grossmann.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)