Oct 15, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers managed to avoid a ton of trips to the penalty box on Tuesday,* but it didn’t get them their second win of 2013-14, as the Vancouver Canucks prevailed 3-2.
That was the second goal of the game for Kesler, who now has three on the season.
On the bright side, the Flyers might have a new partner-in-crime for Claude Giroux. Tye McGinn scored both of Philadelphia’s goals tonight, giving him a trio of tallies in his two games riding shotgun with Philly’s star center.
Such a breakthrough won’t be enough to pacify Philly fans, as the team is now a pitiful 1-6-0. While a stunning amount of Eastern Conference teams are experiencing similar struggles, few franchises feel the year-to-year pressure that the Flyers experience.
Things will only get uglier the longer the Flyers wait for that second win of 2013-14. If they don’t beat the hated Penguins in Pittsburgh on Thursday, they’ll need to wait a full week to get another chance at that elusive second W.
* – Just a hooking minor to Nicklas Grossmann.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20