Oct 15, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Vancouver defenseman Andrew Alberts know about playing in Philadelphia, having appeared in 79 games for the Flyers during the 2008-09 season.
That one campaign was enough, apparently, to get a feel for the madness.
“They will always do something crazy and make something happen — that’s just the way the owner and the GM are,” Alberts told The Province in advance of Tuesday’s Flyers-Canucks game at Wells Fargo. “They’re passionate and the owner (Ed Snider) is in the locker-room after every game and he just wants to win.
“And the fans are great. They’ll be hard on everybody. They always are.”
The Flyers will be desperate for a win and some offense tonight. Philly has just one win this season — a narrow 2-1 defeat over the lowly Panthers — and has scored eight goals in six games, three of which have come from the Schenn brothers, Brayden and Luke.
Head coach Craig Berube, 1-2 in his first three games behind the bench, says some of the offensive woes could be alleviated by improving the power play.
“The power play needs to score,” Berube told CSN Philly. “I hate saying that, but they’ve got to create momentum for the team. By having some pressure, getting some shots through, getting some traffic and second and third opportunities around the net.”
Jul 28, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Probably looking at another year of junior hockey.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:56 AM EDT
Busy day for Pittsburgh.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:40 AM EDT
Jul 28, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
Could be a top-six winger. Could be a third-line center.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:08 AM EDT
Arbitration hearing scheduled for Thursday.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
25-year-old didn’t file for arbitration, hoping instead to sign a long-term contract.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
In the form of a cool $100,000.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
But are any teams mulling his return?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Where he’ll work as a community liaison.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
“I want to go free.”
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
24-year-old forward would require waivers to be sent down…
Jul 27, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
“I’ll have to start thinking about it more and more in the next couple of weeks.”
Jul 27, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
Hence the six-year, $39 million contract.
Jul 27, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
Looking to become a full-time NHLer after suffering a series of injuries at the start his pro career.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
The alignment debate rages on.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Russ Brandon takes over.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
Click to see the full list.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Click to see who’s still left.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
Hearing scheduled for Wednesday.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:19 AM EDT
No arbitrator required.
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 8
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 25
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)