Oct 15, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Vancouver defenseman Andrew Alberts know about playing in Philadelphia, having appeared in 79 games for the Flyers during the 2008-09 season.
That one campaign was enough, apparently, to get a feel for the madness.
“They will always do something crazy and make something happen — that’s just the way the owner and the GM are,” Alberts told The Province in advance of Tuesday’s Flyers-Canucks game at Wells Fargo. “They’re passionate and the owner (Ed Snider) is in the locker-room after every game and he just wants to win.
“And the fans are great. They’ll be hard on everybody. They always are.”
The Flyers will be desperate for a win and some offense tonight. Philly has just one win this season — a narrow 2-1 defeat over the lowly Panthers — and has scored eight goals in six games, three of which have come from the Schenn brothers, Brayden and Luke.
Head coach Craig Berube, 1-2 in his first three games behind the bench, says some of the offensive woes could be alleviated by improving the power play.
“The power play needs to score,” Berube told CSN Philly. “I hate saying that, but they’ve got to create momentum for the team. By having some pressure, getting some shots through, getting some traffic and second and third opportunities around the net.”
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)