Oct 15, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Vancouver defenseman Andrew Alberts know about playing in Philadelphia, having appeared in 79 games for the Flyers during the 2008-09 season.
That one campaign was enough, apparently, to get a feel for the madness.
“They will always do something crazy and make something happen — that’s just the way the owner and the GM are,” Alberts told The Province in advance of Tuesday’s Flyers-Canucks game at Wells Fargo. “They’re passionate and the owner (Ed Snider) is in the locker-room after every game and he just wants to win.
“And the fans are great. They’ll be hard on everybody. They always are.”
The Flyers will be desperate for a win and some offense tonight. Philly has just one win this season — a narrow 2-1 defeat over the lowly Panthers — and has scored eight goals in six games, three of which have come from the Schenn brothers, Brayden and Luke.
Head coach Craig Berube, 1-2 in his first three games behind the bench, says some of the offensive woes could be alleviated by improving the power play.
“The power play needs to score,” Berube told CSN Philly. “I hate saying that, but they’ve got to create momentum for the team. By having some pressure, getting some shots through, getting some traffic and second and third opportunities around the net.”
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)