Oct 14, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
It wasn’t exactly a bombastic homecoming for Jason Pominville on Monday – the lights were out in more way than one in Buffalo – but he still left a winner.
His Minnesota Wild squeezed out the Sabres as his second-period power-play goal ended up being the game-winner:
Chances were low tonight, as the Sabres took three more shots on goal (23-20) than the Wild – the first time Minnesota’s lost that battle this season, according to NBC SN’s Liam McHugh – which obviously isn’t much of a victory for Buffalo.
The Wild are now on a three-game winning streak while the Sabres remain without a win (0-6-1) in seven disheartening games.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (47)