Oct 14, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
It wasn’t exactly a bombastic homecoming for Jason Pominville on Monday – the lights were out in more way than one in Buffalo – but he still left a winner.
His Minnesota Wild squeezed out the Sabres as his second-period power-play goal ended up being the game-winner:
Chances were low tonight, as the Sabres took three more shots on goal (23-20) than the Wild – the first time Minnesota’s lost that battle this season, according to NBC SN’s Liam McHugh – which obviously isn’t much of a victory for Buffalo.
The Wild are now on a three-game winning streak while the Sabres remain without a win (0-6-1) in seven disheartening games.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39