Oct 14, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
It wasn’t exactly a bombastic homecoming for Jason Pominville on Monday – the lights were out in more way than one in Buffalo – but he still left a winner.
His Minnesota Wild squeezed out the Sabres as his second-period power-play goal ended up being the game-winner:
Chances were low tonight, as the Sabres took three more shots on goal (23-20) than the Wild – the first time Minnesota’s lost that battle this season, according to NBC SN’s Liam McHugh – which obviously isn’t much of a victory for Buffalo.
The Wild are now on a three-game winning streak while the Sabres remain without a win (0-6-1) in seven disheartening games.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 24
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 95
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 37
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (95)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)