Oct 14, 2013, 9:06 PM EST
With Canadian Thanksgiving in mind, much of the hockey world is full-bellied and relaxed (even the Buffalo Sabres’ lights are taking it easy). It’s still another day in the NHL, however, and there’s at least one questionable hit to consider, as Jason Chimera boarded Justin Schultz in the first period of Monday’s Edmonton Oilers-Washington Capitals game.
Schultz, 23, returned to action in the first period, decreasing Chimera’s chances of receiving supplemental discipline (he received a two-minute boarding minor for the hit).
Chimera, 34, was angry that hybrid icing was ratified in part because he’s such a hard hitter and can skate well enough to negate the occasional icing. Some might argue he’s being protected from himself, though.
(Not saying that the hit was illegal or legal, mind you; feel free to debate its merits in the comments.)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)