Oct 14, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Update: The game just resumed around 8:50 ET. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl added an appropriate joke for that, too.
The Sabres and Wild are ready to start again. For better or worse.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) October 15, 2013
The jokes are even more inevitable than the losses: even the Buffalo Sabres’ lights aren’t ready to go this season.
Here are a couple quick jokes from the beat writers on hand for Monday’s Sabres game against the Minnesota Wild, where the second period was delayed by lighting problems:
Players are casually skating around the ice. Vanek just slipped over to the Wild side accidentally. #kidding
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) October 15, 2013
— Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 15, 2013
Before you drag Buffalo through the mud, don’t forget that the latest Super Bowl was delayed for a lengthy amount of time until resumed. In that case, the San Francisco 49ers turned around their play and almost won against the Baltimore Ravens, so maybe the Sabres just needed some technological intervention?
Video footage of the outage will be added soon.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2