Oct 14, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Update: The game just resumed around 8:50 ET. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl added an appropriate joke for that, too.
The Sabres and Wild are ready to start again. For better or worse.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) October 15, 2013
The jokes are even more inevitable than the losses: even the Buffalo Sabres’ lights aren’t ready to go this season.
Here are a couple quick jokes from the beat writers on hand for Monday’s Sabres game against the Minnesota Wild, where the second period was delayed by lighting problems:
Players are casually skating around the ice. Vanek just slipped over to the Wild side accidentally. #kidding
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) October 15, 2013
— Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 15, 2013
Before you drag Buffalo through the mud, don’t forget that the latest Super Bowl was delayed for a lengthy amount of time until resumed. In that case, the San Francisco 49ers turned around their play and almost won against the Baltimore Ravens, so maybe the Sabres just needed some technological intervention?
Video footage of the outage will be added soon.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)