Oct 14, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Update: The game just resumed around 8:50 ET. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl added an appropriate joke for that, too.
The Sabres and Wild are ready to start again. For better or worse.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) October 15, 2013
The jokes are even more inevitable than the losses: even the Buffalo Sabres’ lights aren’t ready to go this season.
Here are a couple quick jokes from the beat writers on hand for Monday’s Sabres game against the Minnesota Wild, where the second period was delayed by lighting problems:
Players are casually skating around the ice. Vanek just slipped over to the Wild side accidentally. #kidding
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) October 15, 2013
— Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 15, 2013
Before you drag Buffalo through the mud, don’t forget that the latest Super Bowl was delayed for a lengthy amount of time until resumed. In that case, the San Francisco 49ers turned around their play and almost won against the Baltimore Ravens, so maybe the Sabres just needed some technological intervention?
Video footage of the outage will be added soon.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 21
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)