Oct 14, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Update: The game just resumed around 8:50 ET. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl added an appropriate joke for that, too.
The Sabres and Wild are ready to start again. For better or worse.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) October 15, 2013
The jokes are even more inevitable than the losses: even the Buffalo Sabres’ lights aren’t ready to go this season.
Here are a couple quick jokes from the beat writers on hand for Monday’s Sabres game against the Minnesota Wild, where the second period was delayed by lighting problems:
Players are casually skating around the ice. Vanek just slipped over to the Wild side accidentally. #kidding
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) October 15, 2013
— Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 15, 2013
Before you drag Buffalo through the mud, don’t forget that the latest Super Bowl was delayed for a lengthy amount of time until resumed. In that case, the San Francisco 49ers turned around their play and almost won against the Baltimore Ravens, so maybe the Sabres just needed some technological intervention?
Video footage of the outage will be added soon.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 15
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 32
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)