Oct 14, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Update: The game just resumed around 8:50 ET. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl added an appropriate joke for that, too.
The Sabres and Wild are ready to start again. For better or worse.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) October 15, 2013
The jokes are even more inevitable than the losses: even the Buffalo Sabres’ lights aren’t ready to go this season.
Here are a couple quick jokes from the beat writers on hand for Monday’s Sabres game against the Minnesota Wild, where the second period was delayed by lighting problems:
Players are casually skating around the ice. Vanek just slipped over to the Wild side accidentally. #kidding
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) October 15, 2013
— Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 15, 2013
Before you drag Buffalo through the mud, don’t forget that the latest Super Bowl was delayed for a lengthy amount of time until resumed. In that case, the San Francisco 49ers turned around their play and almost won against the Baltimore Ravens, so maybe the Sabres just needed some technological intervention?
Video footage of the outage will be added soon.
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 0
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 17
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28