Oct 14, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will get a key reinforcement tonight as they look to end their season opening six-game losing streak.
Defenseman Henrik Tallinder is ready to be activated off of the injured reserve list, according to the team’s website. In order to free up a roster spot, it looks like either Rasmus Ristolainen or Alexander Sulzer will be sent to the minors.
Ristolainen is just 18 years old, but he’s eligible to play in the AHL because he’s coming from the Finnish league and not the Canadian major junior system.
Sabres coach Ron Rolston likes Ristolainen’s positioning, puckhandling, and shot, but he also noted that Ristolainen is still adjusting to the speed of the NHL.
Regardless of who gets sent down, it looks like Tallinder will be paired with Tyler Myers tonight. Tallinder has only participated in two contests this season due to the ailment.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)