Oct 14, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get a key reinforcement tonight as they look to end their season opening six-game losing streak.
Defenseman Henrik Tallinder is ready to be activated off of the injured reserve list, according to the team’s website. In order to free up a roster spot, it looks like either Rasmus Ristolainen or Alexander Sulzer will be sent to the minors.
Ristolainen is just 18 years old, but he’s eligible to play in the AHL because he’s coming from the Finnish league and not the Canadian major junior system.
Sabres coach Ron Rolston likes Ristolainen’s positioning, puckhandling, and shot, but he also noted that Ristolainen is still adjusting to the speed of the NHL.
Regardless of who gets sent down, it looks like Tallinder will be paired with Tyler Myers tonight. Tallinder has only participated in two contests this season due to the ailment.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 18
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)