Oct 14, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get a key reinforcement tonight as they look to end their season opening six-game losing streak.
Defenseman Henrik Tallinder is ready to be activated off of the injured reserve list, according to the team’s website. In order to free up a roster spot, it looks like either Rasmus Ristolainen or Alexander Sulzer will be sent to the minors.
Ristolainen is just 18 years old, but he’s eligible to play in the AHL because he’s coming from the Finnish league and not the Canadian major junior system.
Sabres coach Ron Rolston likes Ristolainen’s positioning, puckhandling, and shot, but he also noted that Ristolainen is still adjusting to the speed of the NHL.
Regardless of who gets sent down, it looks like Tallinder will be paired with Tyler Myers tonight. Tallinder has only participated in two contests this season due to the ailment.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 1
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)