Oct 14, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will get a key reinforcement tonight as they look to end their season opening six-game losing streak.
Defenseman Henrik Tallinder is ready to be activated off of the injured reserve list, according to the team’s website. In order to free up a roster spot, it looks like either Rasmus Ristolainen or Alexander Sulzer will be sent to the minors.
Ristolainen is just 18 years old, but he’s eligible to play in the AHL because he’s coming from the Finnish league and not the Canadian major junior system.
Sabres coach Ron Rolston likes Ristolainen’s positioning, puckhandling, and shot, but he also noted that Ristolainen is still adjusting to the speed of the NHL.
Regardless of who gets sent down, it looks like Tallinder will be paired with Tyler Myers tonight. Tallinder has only participated in two contests this season due to the ailment.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)