Oct 14, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get a key reinforcement tonight as they look to end their season opening six-game losing streak.
Defenseman Henrik Tallinder is ready to be activated off of the injured reserve list, according to the team’s website. In order to free up a roster spot, it looks like either Rasmus Ristolainen or Alexander Sulzer will be sent to the minors.
Ristolainen is just 18 years old, but he’s eligible to play in the AHL because he’s coming from the Finnish league and not the Canadian major junior system.
Sabres coach Ron Rolston likes Ristolainen’s positioning, puckhandling, and shot, but he also noted that Ristolainen is still adjusting to the speed of the NHL.
Regardless of who gets sent down, it looks like Tallinder will be paired with Tyler Myers tonight. Tallinder has only participated in two contests this season due to the ailment.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)