Oct 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
It looks like Dallas Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen will miss at least a couple games after suffering a lower-body injury on Saturday. The Stars have confirmed that their starting goaltender is on the injured reserve list.
With Lehtonen sidelined, top goaltending prospect Jack Campbell is expected to spend some time with the Stars and might even make his NHL debut on Tuesday against Colorado or Thursday versus San Jose. Campbell was taken with the 11th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and had a 2.65 GAA and .905 save percentage in 40 AHL games last season.
Dallas also activated Aaron Rome, who had been on the non-roster injured list and subsequently sent to the AHL Texas Stars for conditioning purposes. The 30-year-old defenseman had five points while averaging 15:20 minutes per game in the 2013 campaign.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)