Oct 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
It looks like Dallas Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen will miss at least a couple games after suffering a lower-body injury on Saturday. The Stars have confirmed that their starting goaltender is on the injured reserve list.
With Lehtonen sidelined, top goaltending prospect Jack Campbell is expected to spend some time with the Stars and might even make his NHL debut on Tuesday against Colorado or Thursday versus San Jose. Campbell was taken with the 11th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and had a 2.65 GAA and .905 save percentage in 40 AHL games last season.
Dallas also activated Aaron Rome, who had been on the non-roster injured list and subsequently sent to the AHL Texas Stars for conditioning purposes. The 30-year-old defenseman had five points while averaging 15:20 minutes per game in the 2013 campaign.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 18
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 31
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 32
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 54
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 162
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (58)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)