Oct 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
It looks like Dallas Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen will miss at least a couple games after suffering a lower-body injury on Saturday. The Stars have confirmed that their starting goaltender is on the injured reserve list.
With Lehtonen sidelined, top goaltending prospect Jack Campbell is expected to spend some time with the Stars and might even make his NHL debut on Tuesday against Colorado or Thursday versus San Jose. Campbell was taken with the 11th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and had a 2.65 GAA and .905 save percentage in 40 AHL games last season.
Dallas also activated Aaron Rome, who had been on the non-roster injured list and subsequently sent to the AHL Texas Stars for conditioning purposes. The 30-year-old defenseman had five points while averaging 15:20 minutes per game in the 2013 campaign.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)