Oct 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
It looks like Dallas Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen will miss at least a couple games after suffering a lower-body injury on Saturday. The Stars have confirmed that their starting goaltender is on the injured reserve list.
With Lehtonen sidelined, top goaltending prospect Jack Campbell is expected to spend some time with the Stars and might even make his NHL debut on Tuesday against Colorado or Thursday versus San Jose. Campbell was taken with the 11th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and had a 2.65 GAA and .905 save percentage in 40 AHL games last season.
Dallas also activated Aaron Rome, who had been on the non-roster injured list and subsequently sent to the AHL Texas Stars for conditioning purposes. The 30-year-old defenseman had five points while averaging 15:20 minutes per game in the 2013 campaign.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)