Oct 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
It looks like Dallas Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen will miss at least a couple games after suffering a lower-body injury on Saturday. The Stars have confirmed that their starting goaltender is on the injured reserve list.
With Lehtonen sidelined, top goaltending prospect Jack Campbell is expected to spend some time with the Stars and might even make his NHL debut on Tuesday against Colorado or Thursday versus San Jose. Campbell was taken with the 11th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and had a 2.65 GAA and .905 save percentage in 40 AHL games last season.
Dallas also activated Aaron Rome, who had been on the non-roster injured list and subsequently sent to the AHL Texas Stars for conditioning purposes. The 30-year-old defenseman had five points while averaging 15:20 minutes per game in the 2013 campaign.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)