Oct 14, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
After Monday’s 2-1 loss to Minnesota, the Buffalo Sabres are now 0-6-1 in seven games. They’ve scored at a league-low rate of just one goal per contest. Their top goalie Ryan Miller and most dangerous forward Thomas Vanek will see their contracts expire next summer. Despite all of this doom and gloom, the Sabres insist they’re not quitting.
Publicly, at least.
“You have to continue to push forward,” Ott said. “There’s no give up.”
“We can’t get down,” Flynn said. “It’s a long season.”
That might be the key phrase: a long season. It could mean that Buffalo has plenty of time to bounce back – one point and all – or it could mean that the Sabres and their fans are in for months of suffering.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)