Oct 14, 2013, 6:12 PM EST
“He’s still feeling symptoms, so until I hear otherwise I don’t expect him back,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault explained, according to the team’s Twitter account.
If the Rangers ever needed Nash, it’s now. They have lost four of their first five games and have been outscored 20-5 in their last three contests. The Rangers have put Martin Biron and Arron Asham on waivers as an early attempt to turn things around before they find themselves in too big of a hole.
This is the second time this year that Nash has been sidelined with a suspected concussion. The last one occurred on Feb. 12 when he absorbed a hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 20
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)