Oct 14, 2013, 4:59 PM EST
Jason Pominville has seen firsthand how a crowd can treat a returning player, as Nashville Predators fans absolutely tore apart Ryan Suter upon his return and second visit. It seems like his comeback to Buffalo should be a lot more positive Monday night, though.
The 30-year-old seems like he’s taking a “no hard feelings” approach, as the Buffalo News reports.
“It was weird coming in through the same door you usually go in, and having to go left instead of go right to go to the locker room was a little different,” Pominville said. “It’s good to be back, a lot of great memories, a lot of good times. Just excited to get the game going.
“I don’t hold anything against the organization or anything like that. I’m just happy to be where I’m at now and looking forward to get this game played.”
Two factors certainly help: the Sabres traded him and he’s in a different conference with a long-term deal. It’s not like he’ll be damaging his former team’s chances in a meaningful way, aside from the difficult-to-picture scenario of a Stanley Cup Final series.
Still, you never know, especially considering the fact that Buffalo is off to a pitiful start. The game’s on NBC SN, with a start time of 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)