Oct 14, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Jason Pominville has seen firsthand how a crowd can treat a returning player, as Nashville Predators fans absolutely tore apart Ryan Suter upon his return and second visit. It seems like his comeback to Buffalo should be a lot more positive Monday night, though.
The 30-year-old seems like he’s taking a “no hard feelings” approach, as the Buffalo News reports.
“It was weird coming in through the same door you usually go in, and having to go left instead of go right to go to the locker room was a little different,” Pominville said. “It’s good to be back, a lot of great memories, a lot of good times. Just excited to get the game going.
“I don’t hold anything against the organization or anything like that. I’m just happy to be where I’m at now and looking forward to get this game played.”
Two factors certainly help: the Sabres traded him and he’s in a different conference with a long-term deal. It’s not like he’ll be damaging his former team’s chances in a meaningful way, aside from the difficult-to-picture scenario of a Stanley Cup Final series.
Still, you never know, especially considering the fact that Buffalo is off to a pitiful start. The game’s on NBC SN, with a start time of 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)