Oct 14, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Following Monday afternoon’s 3-2 loss to the Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins winger Milan Lucic remarked that it was the “best he’s ever seen” Jonas Gustavsson play, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
On face value, that might seem strange being that a) Gustavsson’s playing on a team that used to be in the West and b) “The Monster” gets injured often enough that some might be surprised Lucic’s seen him at all.
It’s more interesting when you recall that Gustavsson, 28, and Lucic, 25, saw plenty of each other when the Swede was tending net for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Surely you must be intrigued to wonder how “The Monster” has played against the Bruins in the past, so have no fear; PHT did the legwork to study his history against the B’s.
As it turns out, he’s seen some extreme highs and lows, judging from split stats:
Gustavsson vs. Bruins
2013-14: one game played, 1-0-0, .933 save percentage
2011-12: 5 GP: 0-3-0, .838
2010-11: 1 GP: 0-1-0, .938
2009-10: 3 GP: 2-0-1, .940
As you can see, Gustavsson had one lousy year vs. Boston but was pretty much outstanding against the B’s in 2009-10 and 10-11, so that’s quite the sterling endorsement from Lucic.
Maybe Lucic was just feeling generous because he scored his 100th career goal against him today, though.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)