Oct 14, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
The NHL has named four players for its three stars of the week.
And yup, you read that right.
Hertl, the Sharks’ 19-year-old rookie wunderkind, led the league with five goals in three games, pacing the Sharks to yet another undefeated (5-0-0) start to the year. (The Sharks opened the ’13 campaign by going undefeated through seven contests).
Second star was a tad unique as the league opted to split it between a pair of teammates — Varlamov and Giguere — who have been instrumental in Colorado’s undefeated (5-0-0) start to the year. Varlamov won two games last week, posting a 1.00 GAA and .971 save percentage, while Giguere starred in his first start of the season, a 2-0 win over defending Eastern Conference champs Boston in which he stopped all 39 shots faced.
Third star went to Crosby, who actually led the entire NHL in points last week (3G, 4A) as the Pens won two of three games. The highlight for No. 87 was his eighth career hat trick, recorded in a 5-4 win over Tampa Bay on Saturday.
Crosby now leads the league in scoring (5G-4A-9PTS) and has recorded his longest point streak to begin campaign since his rookie season of 2005-06.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)