Oct 14, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils haven’t won a single game in six tries (0-3-3), but GM Lou Lamoriello told the Newark Star-Ledger that he hasn’t lost faith.
“Right now we have to be very careful. There is such a fine line. I believe in these players and I believe in this coaching staff,” Lamoriello said Monday. “Right now we just have to concentrate a little more. Our best players have to be our best players at the right time.”
With a team full of veterans such as Jaromir Jagr and Patrik Elias, critics might point to a lack of speed as one of the squad’s biggest issues. Lamoriello doesn’t think it’s that big of a problem, though.
“When you see an (Evander) Kane skate the way he did and (Michael) Grabner, they’re exceptional skaters and they can’t be allowed to use their assets,” Lamoriello said. “Overall, our people who can skate have to skate. It’s as simple as that. I do not feel we’re a slow team. We’re certainly not an overly fast team.”
Either way, they need to fire more shots on goal (they’re losing that battle by about four per game), get more of them to connect and stop a greater number of them from hitting the net.
Lamoriello seems to believe that his team will find the answers to what’s riddling them so far.
May 22, 2015, 1:30 AM EDT
Ducks trying to make life miserable for Chicago’s goalie.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Game 4 goes Saturday in Chicago.
May 22, 2015, 12:12 AM EDT
So, what will the coach do for Game 4?
May 21, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT
Chicago’s power play came up empty.
May 21, 2015, 10:36 PM EDT
Talk about timing.
May 21, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Quite a sequence.
May 21, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
‘Showtime’ strikes late in the period.
May 21, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Coach Q, shaking it up.
May 21, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Pittsburgh GM won’t stand in the way.
May 21, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Hit knocked the veteran d-man out of Game 3.
May 21, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
“To have a guy of his ilk, considered one of the best coaches in the National Hockey League, taking a real good hard look at us in Buffalo after a 30th-place finish — I thought the process was great.”
May 21, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
Two-way contract for Karpat’s playoff scoring sensation.
May 21, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
A wide range of topics.
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
“It’s something that we’re working on everyday. We’re trying to do it behind closed doors and away from public scrutiny.”
May 21, 2015, 4:02 PM EDT
“Word choice matters, even when attempting to be humorous.”
May 21, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
Recently represented the United States at the worlds.
May 21, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
As many as six new head coaches could still be named.
May 21, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Coaches be getting paid.
May 21, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Some have wondered if he could replace goal-less Bryan Bickell.
May 21, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
“We need to create a safe environment for the players.”
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)