Oct 14, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be without winger Matt Calvert for an “extended” amount of time because of abdominal surgery, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
The team will reportedly have a better idea about the 23-year-old’s window of recovery once surgery is completed on Tuesday, but they placed him on the injured reserve anyway.
Calvert is more of a streaky scorer than a reliable producer, but Portzline explains that the team will miss his “righteous wheels.” (That might have to be his nickname.)
While that’s a great description, these two goal videos – both from a hot run in March – might do the best job of capturing what he can bring to the ice on his best nights.
Yes, that second one is especially impressive.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28