Oct 14, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be without winger Matt Calvert for an “extended” amount of time because of abdominal surgery, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
The team will reportedly have a better idea about the 23-year-old’s window of recovery once surgery is completed on Tuesday, but they placed him on the injured reserve anyway.
Calvert is more of a streaky scorer than a reliable producer, but Portzline explains that the team will miss his “righteous wheels.” (That might have to be his nickname.)
While that’s a great description, these two goal videos – both from a hot run in March – might do the best job of capturing what he can bring to the ice on his best nights.
Yes, that second one is especially impressive.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)