Oct 14, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be without winger Matt Calvert for an “extended” amount of time because of abdominal surgery, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
The team will reportedly have a better idea about the 23-year-old’s window of recovery once surgery is completed on Tuesday, but they placed him on the injured reserve anyway.
Calvert is more of a streaky scorer than a reliable producer, but Portzline explains that the team will miss his “righteous wheels.” (That might have to be his nickname.)
While that’s a great description, these two goal videos – both from a hot run in March – might do the best job of capturing what he can bring to the ice on his best nights.
Yes, that second one is especially impressive.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)