Oct 13, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
One would assume that he’ll be able to play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Jets in Winnipeg on Tuesday, then. The 34-year-old captain has been dealing with “personal reasons” during this early part of the 2013-14 season, missing Saturday’s 4-1 win against the Vancouver Canucks.
Those off-the-ice distractions haven’t totally thrown off his game; he has a goal and an assist in four games, with nine shots on goal.
The Habs are playing strong hockey so far, but it never hurts to have your captain in action.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)