Oct 13, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
One would assume that he’ll be able to play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Jets in Winnipeg on Tuesday, then. The 34-year-old captain has been dealing with “personal reasons” during this early part of the 2013-14 season, missing Saturday’s 4-1 win against the Vancouver Canucks.
Those off-the-ice distractions haven’t totally thrown off his game; he has a goal and an assist in four games, with nine shots on goal.
The Habs are playing strong hockey so far, but it never hurts to have your captain in action.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 24
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 65
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (65)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)