Oct 13, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
One would assume that he’ll be able to play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Jets in Winnipeg on Tuesday, then. The 34-year-old captain has been dealing with “personal reasons” during this early part of the 2013-14 season, missing Saturday’s 4-1 win against the Vancouver Canucks.
Those off-the-ice distractions haven’t totally thrown off his game; he has a goal and an assist in four games, with nine shots on goal.
The Habs are playing strong hockey so far, but it never hurts to have your captain in action.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)