Oct 13, 2013, 8:07 PM EDT
The Anaheim (previously Mighty) Ducks are celebrating their 20th anniversary by donning jerseys in honor of those Disney-inspired duds Sunday as they host the Ottawa Senators for #ThrowbackNight.
The Senators might seem like an odd choice, but there’s something fitting about facing the team they won their lone Stanley Cup against … while not wearing the sweaters that remind some of knucklepucks, the flying-V and Emilio Estevez.
Anyway, the team shared a few photos, so here are a few. (Click here for a great panoramic view of the locker room.)
(PHT will update this post with a photo of Teemu Selanne in the new-old sweater tonight, because … come on.)
As an added perk, the Ducks Web site also shared some great photos from a game that happened about 20 years ago against the Detroit Red Wings.
Warning: You might experience Guy Hebert nostalgia.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)