Oct 13, 2013, 8:07 PM EDT
The Anaheim (previously Mighty) Ducks are celebrating their 20th anniversary by donning jerseys in honor of those Disney-inspired duds Sunday as they host the Ottawa Senators for #ThrowbackNight.
The Senators might seem like an odd choice, but there’s something fitting about facing the team they won their lone Stanley Cup against … while not wearing the sweaters that remind some of knucklepucks, the flying-V and Emilio Estevez.
Anyway, the team shared a few photos, so here are a few. (Click here for a great panoramic view of the locker room.)
(PHT will update this post with a photo of Teemu Selanne in the new-old sweater tonight, because … come on.)
As an added perk, the Ducks Web site also shared some great photos from a game that happened about 20 years ago against the Detroit Red Wings.
Warning: You might experience Guy Hebert nostalgia.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)