Oct 13, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
The Anaheim (previously Mighty) Ducks are celebrating their 20th anniversary by donning jerseys in honor of those Disney-inspired duds Sunday as they host the Ottawa Senators for #ThrowbackNight.
The Senators might seem like an odd choice, but there’s something fitting about facing the team they won their lone Stanley Cup against … while not wearing the sweaters that remind some of knucklepucks, the flying-V and Emilio Estevez.
Anyway, the team shared a few photos, so here are a few. (Click here for a great panoramic view of the locker room.)
(PHT will update this post with a photo of Teemu Selanne in the new-old sweater tonight, because … come on.)
As an added perk, the Ducks Web site also shared some great photos from a game that happened about 20 years ago against the Detroit Red Wings.
Warning: You might experience Guy Hebert nostalgia.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (58)