Oct 13, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
After a successful campaign as the Boston Bruins’ backup goaltender, Anton Khudobin began the 2013-14 campaign on the right foot by winning in his first two starts with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The 27-year-old goaltender was given the nod again for this afternoon’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes. He turned aside 18 of 20 shots, but he appeared to suffer either a groin or leg injury near the midway point of the second period as he limped towards the bench before being helped off the ice by his teammates.
Khudobin was a key offseason signing for the Hurricanes. They struggled mightily while Ward was sidelined with a sprained MCL last season and Khudobin provides them with a viable alternative to their franchise goaltender.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7