Oct 13, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
After a successful campaign as the Boston Bruins’ backup goaltender, Anton Khudobin began the 2013-14 campaign on the right foot by winning in his first two starts with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The 27-year-old goaltender was given the nod again for this afternoon’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes. He turned aside 18 of 20 shots, but he appeared to suffer either a groin or leg injury near the midway point of the second period as he limped towards the bench before being helped off the ice by his teammates.
Khudobin was a key offseason signing for the Hurricanes. They struggled mightily while Ward was sidelined with a sprained MCL last season and Khudobin provides them with a viable alternative to their franchise goaltender.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 111
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 94
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 105
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (119)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (105)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (95)