Oct 13, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
After a successful campaign as the Boston Bruins’ backup goaltender, Anton Khudobin began the 2013-14 campaign on the right foot by winning in his first two starts with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The 27-year-old goaltender was given the nod again for this afternoon’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes. He turned aside 18 of 20 shots, but he appeared to suffer either a groin or leg injury near the midway point of the second period as he limped towards the bench before being helped off the ice by his teammates.
Khudobin was a key offseason signing for the Hurricanes. They struggled mightily while Ward was sidelined with a sprained MCL last season and Khudobin provides them with a viable alternative to their franchise goaltender.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54