Oct 13, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
Tomas Hertl has gotten off to a tremendous start, but the 19-year-old rookie has already faced some injury scares.
There were fears that Hertl’s head might have again been hit as a result of the play and he left the game as a result. However, Sharks coach Todd McLellan downplayed the injury following the contest and said that Hertl’s shoulder was the greater area of concern than his head.
McLellan previously warned that Hertl might stay off the ice today and there’s still time for him to recover before Tuesday’s contest against the St. Louis Blues.
Meanwhile forward Adam Burish has suffered a setback in his attempt to return from a lower-body injury and also missed Sunday’s practice.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 41
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)