Oct 13, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Halpern, 37, inked a one-year, two-way contract with Phoenix on Saturday, but he started the campaign in the Finnish league. Players that begin the season in Europe must clear waivers if they sign with an NHL club. There’s a history of such players being claimed, so Halpern might not end up playing for Phoenix.
He’s in the twilight of his career, but has recorded 141 goals and 361 points in 907 career games.
Chris Mueller agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Stars over the summer. He’s enjoyed some successful seasons in the minors, but at the age of 27 he hasn’t been able to firmly establish himself at the NHL level. Mueller has two goals and eight points in 38 NHL contests.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)