Oct 13, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Halpern, 37, inked a one-year, two-way contract with Phoenix on Saturday, but he started the campaign in the Finnish league. Players that begin the season in Europe must clear waivers if they sign with an NHL club. There’s a history of such players being claimed, so Halpern might not end up playing for Phoenix.
He’s in the twilight of his career, but has recorded 141 goals and 361 points in 907 career games.
Chris Mueller agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Stars over the summer. He’s enjoyed some successful seasons in the minors, but at the age of 27 he hasn’t been able to firmly establish himself at the NHL level. Mueller has two goals and eight points in 38 NHL contests.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)