Oct 13, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Carolina will play against the Phoenix Coyotes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
After also being limited to just 17 games last season due to a hip injury, he will be eased back into the lineup by playing on the fourth line, according to the News & Observer’s Chip Alexander. Kevin Westgarth will be kept out of the lineup to make room for him.
When healthy, Ruutu plays a physical game and chips in offensively. He was credited with 51 hits in 2013 despite his limited playing time.
Carolina is off to a decent start with a 2-1-2 record. Goaltender Anton Khudobin was in net for both of their wins and will get the nod again this afternoon.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)