Oct 13, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Carolina will play against the Phoenix Coyotes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
After also being limited to just 17 games last season due to a hip injury, he will be eased back into the lineup by playing on the fourth line, according to the News & Observer’s Chip Alexander. Kevin Westgarth will be kept out of the lineup to make room for him.
When healthy, Ruutu plays a physical game and chips in offensively. He was credited with 51 hits in 2013 despite his limited playing time.
Carolina is off to a decent start with a 2-1-2 record. Goaltender Anton Khudobin was in net for both of their wins and will get the nod again this afternoon.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 6
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53