Oct 13, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Carolina will play against the Phoenix Coyotes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
After also being limited to just 17 games last season due to a hip injury, he will be eased back into the lineup by playing on the fourth line, according to the News & Observer’s Chip Alexander. Kevin Westgarth will be kept out of the lineup to make room for him.
When healthy, Ruutu plays a physical game and chips in offensively. He was credited with 51 hits in 2013 despite his limited playing time.
Carolina is off to a decent start with a 2-1-2 record. Goaltender Anton Khudobin was in net for both of their wins and will get the nod again this afternoon.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)