Oct 13, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Carolina will play against the Phoenix Coyotes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
After also being limited to just 17 games last season due to a hip injury, he will be eased back into the lineup by playing on the fourth line, according to the News & Observer’s Chip Alexander. Kevin Westgarth will be kept out of the lineup to make room for him.
When healthy, Ruutu plays a physical game and chips in offensively. He was credited with 51 hits in 2013 despite his limited playing time.
Carolina is off to a decent start with a 2-1-2 record. Goaltender Anton Khudobin was in net for both of their wins and will get the nod again this afternoon.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)