Oct 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Jack Campbell is back in Dallas.
Campbell, the club’s first-round (11th overall) selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been summoned from AHL Texas on an emergency recall basis after starting goalie Kari Lehtonen was hurt during a 4-1 win over Winnipeg on Friday.
Campbell, 21, has played one game for Texas this season, stopping 18 of 19 shots en route to his first win of the season.
The former U.S. junior standout has been recalled to the Stars in the past — including last year, when Lehtonen went down to injury — but has yet to make his NHL debut. It remains to be seen if he’ll get his shot this time around; Dan Ellis is a more-than-capable backup and was stellar in relief of Lehtonen, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
That said, the Stars are a busy team over the next few days and may need to turn to Campbell if Lehtonen can’t return. Dallas plays in Minnesota tonight, at Colorado on Tuesday, home to San Jose on Thursday, then have a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back in Los Angeles and Anaheim.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 0
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 6
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 23
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (111)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)