Oct 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Jack Campbell is back in Dallas.
Campbell, the club’s first-round (11th overall) selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been summoned from AHL Texas on an emergency recall basis after starting goalie Kari Lehtonen was hurt during a 4-1 win over Winnipeg on Friday.
Campbell, 21, has played one game for Texas this season, stopping 18 of 19 shots en route to his first win of the season.
The former U.S. junior standout has been recalled to the Stars in the past — including last year, when Lehtonen went down to injury — but has yet to make his NHL debut. It remains to be seen if he’ll get his shot this time around; Dan Ellis is a more-than-capable backup and was stellar in relief of Lehtonen, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
That said, the Stars are a busy team over the next few days and may need to turn to Campbell if Lehtonen can’t return. Dallas plays in Minnesota tonight, at Colorado on Tuesday, home to San Jose on Thursday, then have a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back in Los Angeles and Anaheim.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28