Oct 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Jack Campbell is back in Dallas.
Campbell, the club’s first-round (11th overall) selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been summoned from AHL Texas on an emergency recall basis after starting goalie Kari Lehtonen was hurt during a 4-1 win over Winnipeg on Friday.
Campbell, 21, has played one game for Texas this season, stopping 18 of 19 shots en route to his first win of the season.
The former U.S. junior standout has been recalled to the Stars in the past — including last year, when Lehtonen went down to injury — but has yet to make his NHL debut. It remains to be seen if he’ll get his shot this time around; Dan Ellis is a more-than-capable backup and was stellar in relief of Lehtonen, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
That said, the Stars are a busy team over the next few days and may need to turn to Campbell if Lehtonen can’t return. Dallas plays in Minnesota tonight, at Colorado on Tuesday, home to San Jose on Thursday, then have a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back in Los Angeles and Anaheim.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)