Oct 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Jack Campbell is back in Dallas.
Campbell, the club’s first-round (11th overall) selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been summoned from AHL Texas on an emergency recall basis after starting goalie Kari Lehtonen was hurt during a 4-1 win over Winnipeg on Friday.
Campbell, 21, has played one game for Texas this season, stopping 18 of 19 shots en route to his first win of the season.
The former U.S. junior standout has been recalled to the Stars in the past — including last year, when Lehtonen went down to injury — but has yet to make his NHL debut. It remains to be seen if he’ll get his shot this time around; Dan Ellis is a more-than-capable backup and was stellar in relief of Lehtonen, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
That said, the Stars are a busy team over the next few days and may need to turn to Campbell if Lehtonen can’t return. Dallas plays in Minnesota tonight, at Colorado on Tuesday, home to San Jose on Thursday, then have a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back in Los Angeles and Anaheim.
- Video: Rangers’ Moore dangles, scores on beauty end-to-end rush 0
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36