Oct 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Jack Campbell is back in Dallas.
Campbell, the club’s first-round (11th overall) selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been summoned from AHL Texas on an emergency recall basis after starting goalie Kari Lehtonen was hurt during a 4-1 win over Winnipeg on Friday.
Campbell, 21, has played one game for Texas this season, stopping 18 of 19 shots en route to his first win of the season.
The former U.S. junior standout has been recalled to the Stars in the past — including last year, when Lehtonen went down to injury — but has yet to make his NHL debut. It remains to be seen if he’ll get his shot this time around; Dan Ellis is a more-than-capable backup and was stellar in relief of Lehtonen, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
That said, the Stars are a busy team over the next few days and may need to turn to Campbell if Lehtonen can’t return. Dallas plays in Minnesota tonight, at Colorado on Tuesday, home to San Jose on Thursday, then have a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back in Los Angeles and Anaheim.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)